The US Department of Transportation (DOT) announced this week that 12 funding programs will deliver over $1 billion to Arizona through the Infrastructure, Investments, and Jobs Act (IIJA).
Environmental and air quality programs, as well as electric vehicle infrastructure each will receive millions.
A report from 12News has this breakdown:
- National Highway Performance Program: $530,127,169
- Surface Transportation Block Grant: $257,899,704
- Highway Safety Improvement Program: $56,825,678
- Railway-Highway Crossings Program: $3,286,956
- Congestion Mitigation & Air Quality Program: $57,655,536
- Metropolitan Planning: $7,873,868
- National Highway Freight Program: $25,881,847
- Carbon Reduction Program: $22,996,057
- PROTECT Formula Program: $26,148,164
- National Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Program: $16,290,704
- Bridge Formula Program: $45,000,000